We understand that the privacy of your information is important to you, and we are committed to being transparent about how we use, share, and protect your information. To help further our commitment, we have developed this Privacy Statement to help you better understand the types of information we collect, why we collect it, how we will use it, and the various options you have to manage the privacy of your personal information.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices for information we collect from or about individuals who are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) through our services, sites, products, mobile applications, desktop applications, software that are directed to the EEA (collectively, “Services”) and other initiatives directed to the EEA such as marketing and trainings.
In addition, please note that this Privacy Statement only applies where we process personal information about you as a data controller. It does not apply to Services where we process personal information as a data processor on behalf of a controller. When we are a processor, the privacy statement of the relevant controller on whose behalf we process will apply.
When we process your personal information as a data controller, EVO Hockey Ltd. (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “EVO,” “us,” “we,” “our”) is the controller of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement includes some important information, please take the time to read the entire Privacy Statement. Of course, if you have any questions please reach out to us.
What Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
- Using our Services. When you book a service with us, we collect information that allows us to set up, run and administer the service to you. This includes information such as your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, phone number, order ID. When you book a service to be delivered for your child, we collect information on your child provided by you, to allow us to safely set up, run and administer the service. This includes information such as your child's name, age, the club or school that they are currently attending, playing level information and medical / alllergies.
Content. We may also collect content that you provide through the Services, such as information about your customer details; content you post on our community pages; content you provide to our customer care agents; and feedback you provide about the Services.
Information We Get When You Use the Service
- Device information. We may collect device information such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you when you log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features.
- Usage Information. We may collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, your browser type, error reports, and any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services.
- Location Information. Certain Service features may collect your precise location data.
- Information from Cookie and other Technologies. EVO and our service providers may use commonly-used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects, and similar technologies (collectively, "Cookies") to provide the Service you requested, recognize your visit, track your interactions with our Services, and improve your and other customers' experience.
Some of the functionalities in our Service may require you to provide information in order for you to use the Service. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not be able to use certain features or the Service. We will try to let you know what information is required and what information is optional.
How Do We Use Your Information
We use your information in various ways, including to:
- Provide, Improve, Protect, and Deliver the Services. To provide you with the Services that you have accessed or requested; to personalize your experience; to provide technical support; to protect the security and safety of the Services, our customers, EVO, and others; or to otherwise operate our business.
- Communicate with You. From time to time we may communicate with you, including to:
⁃ provide you with important information about the Services or your accounts, such as subscription related information.
⁃ give you offers for third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
⁃ send you information about EVO, other EVO products and services, special offers, and new product releases.
- Protect EVO and Others. To protect EVO, our customers, and others such as for the purpose of combatting fraud.
- Analyze Your Information. We may use both manual and automated systems, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to: analyze your information to improve our Services; personalize your experience; automate certain aspects of the Service; provide you certain features; and protect the safety and security of EVO, our Services, our customers and others.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for purposes we provide at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law. We will provide you with further information on any such additional processing when this happens, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How We Share Your Information
From time to time, we may need to share your information, but we will only share your personal information for the following reasons:
- With your consent. We may share your personal information with your consent.
- With EVO partners (third parties): We may share your personal information with third parties, but only for the following reasons:
⁃ With your consent.
⁃ To provide functions and services on our behalf. We may share your information with third parties who provide various functions on our behalf and enable us to provide our Services and operate our business, such as service providers and business partners.
⁃ For Analytics. We may share your information with third-parties for research and analytics purposes. We only share combined, unidentifiable customer data, but only in a way that would not allow the customer or any person to be identified.
⁃ For Joint Sales, Promotions, and Events. We may share your information with third-parties who are jointly providing sales initiatives, promotions or events with us.
⁃ For legal reasons. We may share your information with third-parties for legal reasons, including:
⁃ When we reasonably believe disclosure is required or permitted in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process;
⁃ To protect the rights, property, or safety of Intuit, our Services, our customers, or others;
⁃ To protect against or defend our Services against attacks;
⁃ To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or
⁃ To prevent fraud and for debt collection.
- With our Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your information with and among our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- With Social Media Platforms. Some of our Services enable you to share information on third-party social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Any information you choose to share on social media may potentially be visible to a global audience and will be subject to the third-party social media provider's privacy policies (not this Privacy Statement). You should take care only to share information on social media that you are comfortable sharing.
- For Mergers and Acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the transaction date.
Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the type of personal information and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, including details of any legitimate interest we rely on to process your personal information.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
What You Can Do To Manage Your Privacy. You have choices when it comes to managing the privacy of your personal information
- Manage Marketing Communications From Us. We honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. To update your preferences click the relevant link at the bottom of the marketing emails.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your information as long as is necessary to provide you with our Services. Once you cease using our Services we will only retain your information to the extent necessary:
- to send you marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences (which you can change at any time by unsubscribing);
- for our legal or regulatory compliance (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us), to exercise, establish or defend legal claims, and to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our Service; or
- for general product improvement purposes in accordance with this Privacy Statement, provided that any data retained for this purpose will be used only for a limited period and handled securely and in confidence.
If we no longer need your information for the above purposes, we will generally delete or de-identify it in accordance with our standard data retention practices. However, there may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete or de-identify your information due to technical or other operational reasons, for example where your information has been archived onto back-up systems. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete or de-identify it.
You have certain rights with respect to your personal information that we collect and process. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals in the EEA that are using a Service directed to the EEA wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To file a request or take action on one of your rights, please contact us.
Access, Correction or Deletion. You may request access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal information.
Please note that even if you request for your personal information to be deleted, certain aspects may be retained for us to: meet our legal or regulatory compliance (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us); exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our Service.
Objection and Restriction. You may object to our processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information.
Portability. You may request portability of your personal information.
Withdraw Consent. If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
File a complaint. You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority about our collection and processing of your personal information.
Third-Party Services, Links and Integrations
Third-Party Services. Third-party products, services and applications may use or integrate with our Services, or otherwise be offered through our Services (“Third-Party Services”). If you choose to use any of these Third-Party Services or link or sync any of these Third-Party Services with EVO you are permitting us to provide your information and any information associated with your account, including personal information, to the third party. Your interactions with these Third-Party Services are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the relevant Third-Party Service.
Changes to Our Privacy Statements
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. If we make material changes to the way we process your personal information, we will provide you notice via our Service or by other communication channels, such as by email or community post and if required by applicable data protection laws seek your consent to those material changes.